Monday, September 05, 2005

Same old same old...

How soon we can slip back into old routines. First day back at work went quite well, and although I have a ton of preparation still to do I'm feeling quite optimistic about the term ahead. It was good to catch up with people I hadn't seen since July, and I made a real effort to speak to some of the new members of staff, as part of my branching out and being less introverted programme.

There are Exciting New Changes; all registration is to be done electronically, and will be known as Roll Call. My classroom finally has a hundred-square on the wall. The journey to work takes less than a third of the time it used to take now that I can drive rather than relying on the services of Stagecoach Bus Company. Some things are the same as ever; the network was sporadic, my classroom door wouldn't lock properly, and when I got back home this evening I was shattered and ended up falling asleep for half an hour - must not slip into that old habit.
First proper day back with pupils there tomorrow, and I think I'm almost looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a better Stagecoach here. New buses, more frequently, and surprisingly cheap. Sometimes

Mon Sept 05, 08:19:00 pm  
Blogger Fluffy said...

To be fair to stagecoach, the buses are pretty reliable, they just don't go where I need them to so I had a 20 minute walk as well. I'm sure I'll still partake of their services when I need to go shopping and don't want to have to cope with parking!

Mon Sept 05, 08:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home