Nothing really happened today
I forgot to take my sandwiches out of the freezer last night. So I took them out this morning, and they were nicely defrosted by lunchtime and fresher than if they'd defrosted over night! I don't think I'll make a week's worth of Corned Beef Sandwiches and freeze them again though, because it's amazing how quickly you go off something when you have it every day. I was sick of it by Tuesday.
Work was ok again. I found out which class will be causing me the most trouble this year; I had to separate three boys who wanted to rip chunks out of each other. However, I also found that another potentially tricky group look to have matured over the summer and are ready to do some work. Year Seven wanted to know where I got my cunning ruler which has a rubber sucker that sticks to the board and holes in it so you can draw circles. I told them that when you became a maths teacher, you got given a key to a secret shop that sells maths supplies, a bit like wizards being the only people who can go to Diagon Alley in Harry Potter. They didn't believe me.
Work was ok again. I found out which class will be causing me the most trouble this year; I had to separate three boys who wanted to rip chunks out of each other. However, I also found that another potentially tricky group look to have matured over the summer and are ready to do some work. Year Seven wanted to know where I got my cunning ruler which has a rubber sucker that sticks to the board and holes in it so you can draw circles. I told them that when you became a maths teacher, you got given a key to a secret shop that sells maths supplies, a bit like wizards being the only people who can go to Diagon Alley in Harry Potter. They didn't believe me.

4 Comments:
See - something did happen!
At least there were no spiders today
I don't mind having the same sandwich every day. I'm the only one who eats corned beef so if I open a tin, that's my sandwich filling for a week!! You can vary it by putting different spreads on the bread, such as mustard, mayo or ketchup.
ttfn
Jane
The last time I opened a tin of corned beef I ended up in Casualty. These days I buy it in prepacked slices. More expensive but not as lethal.
Mort's Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home