Sunday, July 23, 2006

Road Trip

I have been making the most of my holidays so far! Friday was spent trying to ice a stubborn carrot cake (which turned out delicious in the end, so that was ok), visiting Market Deeping, and dropping Sam off at the station. After I'd dropped him off, I drove to Cambridge and successfully found the flat where Tom and Andy moved in at the beginning of the month.
It was the first time I'd seen inside the flat, and I was pretty impressed; once they get some furniture it should be a really nice place, and until they do it's got plenty of floor space for wild parties.

Tom and I didn't manage much of a wild party. We were supposed to be joined by Neil, but he cancelled, so instead we ate rather too much curry and watched The Lion King, which I'd never seen before, and which I quite enjoyed. After lots of food, drink and chat, we turned in for the night.

This morning I woke to an almighty bang of thunder, and got up to watch one or two lightning flashes. We had breakfast on the balcony, and then as the storm had stopped threatening we walked into town. I did very little shopping as I didn't see any clothes I liked in my size and I'm trying to ration myself as far as buying new stuff is concerned, as it seems pointless to buy things that I'm only going to have to pack and move in a month anyway. We went back to the flat and had last night's leftovers for lunch with some bacon sandwiches, and then after watching a bit of Frasier, chatting and mooching, I drove home to Peterborough.

This evening I spent a happy couple of hours chatting in the Rubbish Chatroom and watching the Viking Boat thingy on Channel 4. When it had finished, I put the washing machine on and made some dinner, and then settled down to watch Thelma & Louise on DVD. I'd been meaning to rewatch it for some time, and as I invariably blub uncontrollably at the end it's one best watched on my own. It was every bit as good as I remembered it to be, I cried at exactly the same point as I normally do, and I noticed one or two details that I hadn't picked up on before.
It may seem like all I've done since I've been on holiday is eat, sleep and watch TV and films, but tomorrow's plan is to start on tidying the house and sorting things out ready to move!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

If you're expecting me to leave a comment saying "They drive off a cliff!", then you'll be disappointed.

Sun Jul 23, 10:19:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww! Sam, I was gonna watch that fillum tonight an'all! Rotten swine.

:p

Sun Jul 23, 07:58:00 pm  
Blogger silver horde said...

The Viking thing is one of my husbands fav movies. He's having an op next month and we were discussing worse case events, he wants a viking funeral!!

Jane

Sun Jul 23, 08:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home