Showered with presents
I like going home. I'm using "home" here to mean the village where I grew up, where my parents still reside. I suppose in a sense it will always be home, no matter where and with whom I settle in the future.
On Friday night, I arrived much sooner than expected having made good time and got through the tricky spots before rush hour. The promised Sausage Casserole was not even in the oven yet, so my dad and I went to the pub while it was cooking. It was worth waiting for though.
On Saturday I took Ali into Lincoln to get him a webcam and me an mp3 player. Success on both counts! I shall attempt to put some good jogging music on the mp3 player and go for a run in the week.
Saturday afternoon saw Scunthorpe take on Nottingham Forest (former European Champs, oh how the mighty have fallen!) The game was being shown on Sky, which was partly why I'd decided to come home. My dad, Nick and I watched it together, and scared little Andrea half to death every time Scunny scored and we leapt out of our seats shouting. That would be four times then!
On Saturday evening (with much assistance from my mother) I cooked roast pork with all the trimmings. All I really wanted to know was how to make crackling like my mum's. It was yummy.
I have returned to Essex today with some curtains for the study from my mum, and a set of weighing scales from my dad to replace the ones I dropped on the floor that have been dodgy ever since. I'm going to try to go shopping for furniture one evening this week, or failing that at least to get a TV, which would allow me to move the computer through into the newly be-curtained study (I am currently watching telly on my computer). And then there's the small matter of going to work and so forth. Sam's away this week; it looks as though I will be so busy I won't even notice!
On Friday night, I arrived much sooner than expected having made good time and got through the tricky spots before rush hour. The promised Sausage Casserole was not even in the oven yet, so my dad and I went to the pub while it was cooking. It was worth waiting for though.
On Saturday I took Ali into Lincoln to get him a webcam and me an mp3 player. Success on both counts! I shall attempt to put some good jogging music on the mp3 player and go for a run in the week.
Saturday afternoon saw Scunthorpe take on Nottingham Forest (former European Champs, oh how the mighty have fallen!) The game was being shown on Sky, which was partly why I'd decided to come home. My dad, Nick and I watched it together, and scared little Andrea half to death every time Scunny scored and we leapt out of our seats shouting. That would be four times then!
On Saturday evening (with much assistance from my mother) I cooked roast pork with all the trimmings. All I really wanted to know was how to make crackling like my mum's. It was yummy.
I have returned to Essex today with some curtains for the study from my mum, and a set of weighing scales from my dad to replace the ones I dropped on the floor that have been dodgy ever since. I'm going to try to go shopping for furniture one evening this week, or failing that at least to get a TV, which would allow me to move the computer through into the newly be-curtained study (I am currently watching telly on my computer). And then there's the small matter of going to work and so forth. Sam's away this week; it looks as though I will be so busy I won't even notice!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home