Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Incorect Speling

I learnt something new at work today. I was teaching my Further Maths student about Differential Equations, and one of the functions I had to deal with was "sec x". I missed a letter out* when I wrote it on the board. I was very embarrassed. My student laughed about it for most of the afternoon.

I have decided to solve my heating problems by buying an oil-filled radiator and getting a time-switch for it so I can make it come on and heat the room up, for example at night time so I wake up in a warm room, or just before I get in from work so it's warm when I get in. But until I get round to actually going and buying one I guess I'll just have to shiver.

* It was the c. So it said "sex". That removes the necessity for many people to make totally unfunny comments about not realising why anyone would laugh at scx, or ecx, or any of the other words you can make by missing a letter out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home