Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Silver linings

This morning's incident did have a couple of benefits. I decided a new hot water bottle was in order, and I needed an ice scraper for the car, so I drove to the Big Tesco after work today. This was exciting as it was the first time I'd been there on my own, it was starting to get dark, and it was nearing rush hour. As well as acquiring those things I needed, I started to get ideas about Christmas presents, and also found myself a comfy, sensible pair of boots without a heel which are suitable for driving and for work. (I also looked at lots of not-very-sensible boots and wished I had the temperament to buy them and wear them with no shame.)

The mattress was wetter than I thought. I've put some paper down to soak up the water that's draining through, and I've decided it's better to let it air for a bit longer before doing anything daft like sleeping on it. I'm typing this from my sleeping bag on the sofabed... it's exciting, a bit like camping, but if the mattress is still wet tomorrow I'm guessing the novelty will wear off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Note for other readers : finding boots is a major event. We have had our eyes open for suitable boots for as long as I can remember. Woohoo!

Wed Nov 16, 07:59:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home