Monday, November 07, 2005

Getting things done

Baking the cake and the accompanying tidying out of the kitchen cupboard is only part of a theme of Getting Things Done. I got my Student Loan Repayment Scheme form thingy signed (the government pay my loan off because I became a maths teacher instead of getting a proper job, but they only pay it if I fill in oodles of paperwork) and popped it in the post. I phoned a garage to see about getting my car mended. I made noises at work about getting some support with the Class from Hell. I made the Christmas cake - it turned out fine, except for a bit of a bulge on top, which will be easy enough to level off with a knife, and means we get to eat cake trimmings too. It gets fed with brandy every few days until I put the marzipan on next month. And then everyone's too full at Christmas to eat any, and it hangs around for weeks - last year, the last slice was eaten in May (every bit as tasty as the day it was cut), so if you're passing Peterborough in the New Year, pop in for tea and cake!

1 Comments:

Blogger silver horde said...

The Christmas cake sounds yummy!
It reminded me of the cake I made for my Domestic Science class!
ttfn
Jane

Tue Nov 08, 04:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home