Dog dog dog dog dog dog
Lots has happened in Fluffyland lately. While Sam was away, I ventured to IKEA and bought a bookshelf and a cupboard and a chair, so I have finally managed to unpack the last boxes of books and ornaments and so on. I also bought a television, and so my computer is no longer required for the receiving of televisual signals and the watching of DVDs, and has been moved to its permanent home in the study.
How exciting is that, reader? Bloggage from the study, complete with its spare bed and its shiny new bookcase and curtains? It's all systems go for arranging a housewarming now. I'm assuming it's very unlikely anyone in Blogland will fancy trekking to Essex for a party with me and my random friends, but given sufficient notice I'm at home to visitors so if you're nice and you're passing, let me know and I'll bake a cake.
On to the title. It was our work social event this evening and we went to Walthamstow Dogs. I started the evening incredibly well, winning nearly £7 with one of the free bets that came with our ticket package. I managed to win a further 20p on the third race, and then hit my usual losing streak. I came close just often enough to keep me interested, but I went along happy to bet £1 on each race, and although I didn't cover my losses I didn't lose as much as I thought I would. It was a top night out; my new colleagues are a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to going bowling with them at Christmas.
Not much bloggage over the next few days; if I can survive another day's teaching, I get a week off and I'm off on my travels. I'm hoping to have some photos to blog when I get back though. Play nicely while I'm gone!
How exciting is that, reader? Bloggage from the study, complete with its spare bed and its shiny new bookcase and curtains? It's all systems go for arranging a housewarming now. I'm assuming it's very unlikely anyone in Blogland will fancy trekking to Essex for a party with me and my random friends, but given sufficient notice I'm at home to visitors so if you're nice and you're passing, let me know and I'll bake a cake.
On to the title. It was our work social event this evening and we went to Walthamstow Dogs. I started the evening incredibly well, winning nearly £7 with one of the free bets that came with our ticket package. I managed to win a further 20p on the third race, and then hit my usual losing streak. I came close just often enough to keep me interested, but I went along happy to bet £1 on each race, and although I didn't cover my losses I didn't lose as much as I thought I would. It was a top night out; my new colleagues are a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to going bowling with them at Christmas.
Not much bloggage over the next few days; if I can survive another day's teaching, I get a week off and I'm off on my travels. I'm hoping to have some photos to blog when I get back though. Play nicely while I'm gone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home