BANANAPHONE
I've been humming bananaphone for a not insignificant portion of the day today. I hope you are singing it too now.
This week has flown by. I fully intended to pitch in to the clutter in the study and sort some of it out, in preparation for purchasing a small filing cabinet. As it is, I'm hoping to find the time to clean the kitchen and the bathroom before Sam descends on me for another weekend, and that he'll be understanding about the rest of the mess.
It's looking like another busy weekend this weekend; the car is going to the garage to be enmendificated on Saturday, and Nice People are coming for Sunday lunch if all goes according to plan. Sam and I have been quarrelling over the best way to cook roast spuds. As long as the yorkshire puddings are crispy and the gravy is good I'll be happy. Still haven't decided what to make for pudding though. I need to factor in some sleep and some slobbing around chilling out at some point too. Roll on half term!
This week has flown by. I fully intended to pitch in to the clutter in the study and sort some of it out, in preparation for purchasing a small filing cabinet. As it is, I'm hoping to find the time to clean the kitchen and the bathroom before Sam descends on me for another weekend, and that he'll be understanding about the rest of the mess.
It's looking like another busy weekend this weekend; the car is going to the garage to be enmendificated on Saturday, and Nice People are coming for Sunday lunch if all goes according to plan. Sam and I have been quarrelling over the best way to cook roast spuds. As long as the yorkshire puddings are crispy and the gravy is good I'll be happy. Still haven't decided what to make for pudding though. I need to factor in some sleep and some slobbing around chilling out at some point too. Roll on half term!

5 Comments:
Our favouritest roast spuds are cooked by putting hot parboiled spuds into a tray of hot goose fat. Yummy!
We make a nice easy pudding which we call Butterscotch pudding. Let us know if you'd like the recipe.
par-boil the spuds then put them into the hot fat.
just as important is to get the right TYPE of spud (don't look at me, *I* don't know!)
Ooooo yes half term, that will be so very nice. Have a good weekend being emboffed.
You could cut the spuds into Long quarters. And a little lemon juice. Parboiling and hot fat is important
Post a Comment
<< Home