Song meme
I don’t normally go in for memes, but I quite fancied doing this which I’ve pinched from Chris’s LiveJournal.
Rules:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Of course, I only have a very limited portion of my music collection on my computer, so there’s quite a few songs from the same bands and artists in here. There’s some really easy ones in here, but I’m hoping one or two will have people stumped for a bit. Maybe it would be wise for Sam to hold off from commenting for a bit until other people have had a chance. Have fun!
1) Ah look at all the lonely peopleEleanor Rigby - The Beatles (SimonG)
2) Temperature's rising, fever is high
3) Can't get no sleeves for my records One World - Dire Straits (Sam)
4) Do you feel like a chainstore Coffee & TV - Blur (Chris)
5) Imagine there's no heaven Imagine - John Lennon (Katie)
6) I was her, she was me She's the One - Robbie Williams (Katie)
7) Young velvet porcelain boy
8) I am he is you are he is you are me and we are all together I am the Walrus - The Beatles (Sam)
9) Some people might say my life is in a rut Going Underground - The Jam (Miss Sixty's Adam)
10) Streets like a jungle Girls and Boys - Blur (Chris)
11) Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me Material Girl - Madonna (miss sixty)
12) The green plastic watering can Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead (miss sixty)
13) Seaside, whenever you stroll along with me Seaside Rendezvous - Queen (Omally)
14) Transport, motorways and tramlines
15) When you're weary, feeling small Bridge over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel (Chris)
16) Take good care of what you've got, my father said to me Good Company - Queen (Omally)
17) I read the news today oh boy A Day in the Life - The Beatles (Sam)
18) This is the next century The Universal - Blur (Alistair)
19) I want to see what people saw, I want to feel like I felt before Turn - Travis (Chris)
20) It's over, you don't need to tell me No distance left to run - Blur (Chris)
Rules:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Of course, I only have a very limited portion of my music collection on my computer, so there’s quite a few songs from the same bands and artists in here. There’s some really easy ones in here, but I’m hoping one or two will have people stumped for a bit. Maybe it would be wise for Sam to hold off from commenting for a bit until other people have had a chance. Have fun!
2) Temperature's rising, fever is high
7) Young velvet porcelain boy
14) Transport, motorways and tramlines

11 Comments:
Imagine, jhon lennon. I think :s
Oh and she's the one, robbie williams!
The Universal by Blur
The first one's the Beatles. Eleanor Rigby, I think, but I might be getting mixed up.
4) Coffee & TV — Blur (is that what the first line is?!)
10) Girls & Boys — Blur
15) Bridge Over Troubled Water — Simon & Garfunkel (My Mum's fave)
19) Turn — Travis (that took me ages...)
20) We both know I know this one :(
No Distance Left to Run — Blur
Fluffy placed an embargo on me answering! But most of the ones I knew have gone anyway. The others I recognise:
3) Dire Straits - One Love (I think; it's the penultimate track on Brothers in Arms, anyway)
8) The Beatles - I Am The Walrus
17) The Beatles - Day In The Life
2) Raining Men - Weather Girls
11) Material Girl - Madonna
12) Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
I can confirm that Sam got about eight before I let him comment. #2 isn't "It's Raining Men", although the lyrics are similar. #9 is The Jam, but not "Start". I'll hold off for a little longer before posting second lines if I can be bothered, otherwise I'll just post the answers after the weekend.
#13 is Seaside Rendevous by Queen :)
and #16 is Good Company, also by Queen. No cheating here, I promise :)
9) Going Underground - The Jam
*Adam got that, not me. He takes full credit!*
Post a Comment
<< Home