Saturday, December 22, 2007

Final push

I've finally finished work for 2007. It was a very emotional last day, as a much-loved and respected colleague has now left to take up a job elsewhere, and he did his leaving speech in his own inimitable style, by singing "My Way", and then emailing everything he would have wanted to say afterwards.
The tree is decorated, and the presents are wrapped.












As far as artificial trees go, I think it looks quite good. It was a bargain too; everything was 50% off so I got tree, lights and baubles for £12. It has added some much-needed festive cheer these last few days.
Alistair's been here to look after me and help me limp through to the end of term. (And to escape nagging parents for a few days, no doubt!) Today, once I've done the washing up and packed, we're driving north, for a few days in the bosom of my family before zooming off up to Durham to see Sam and his folks. Then wending our way back south for New Year. I hate packing for such a long period of time; I never know what I'm going to want to wear more than 5 minutes in advance, so I end up having to take most of my wardrobe with me whenever I go away.
Lincolnshire have got The Internet, apparently, so I should be able to blog, maybe even more frequently than usual, but in case I don't, peace and love to you this Christmas, and sepcial hugs to those for whom Christmas is not a time of joy for whatever reasons.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Kiddle said...

Lincolnshire have got The Internet, apparently

Ey! We've got our own, highly superior set of tubes, thankyouverymuch.

Sun Dec 23, 08:48:00 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

I've just realised that some of those parcels under your tree are going to be my presents! *peers closely at shapes*

Mon Dec 24, 08:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home