Eating well.
I rather scarily lost my appetite for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Anyone who knows me well knows that I do enjoy my food and take a lot of pleasure in cooking, but I was feeling so low I just couldn't be bothered to cook anything. I'm therefore taking it as a sign of an improved mental state that I have had some truly excellent meals this weekend, some out and about and some homecooked.
On Friday, Sam cooked a delicious pasta sauce - very simple, just some vegetables, a tin of tomatoes, some ham and a little creme fraiche, but incredibly yummy. On Saturday we wandered into Ely and had an excellent day out - normally we just wander round Ely for an hour or so on a Sunday and go for a coffee if we have nothing else planned, but we had a proper day out. We looked in the charity shops and I treated myself to a lovely Cat trinket box from Oxfam, then we went to the Noodle Bar for lunch. In the interests of Being Brave and Trying New Things, I had a noodle soup with exciting seafood. I don't know if I would have it again, but it was very nice. We walke off our dinner by sauntering down to the river, and then had a look in the big antiques place. I've never bought things there but looking round is like visiting a museum of interesting bits and bobs from the last hundred years or more, and it's nice to imagine what sort of houses everything would belong in.
We met some friends and sat outside for a Cream Tea at the cafe by the cathedral. It wasn't quite warm enough to sit outside really, so we went for another brisk walk by the river to warm up a bit, and then had a coffee before heading to the supermarket to buy dinner. I cooked sausage and mash with onion gravy, the sausages were lovely ones with chili from Waitrose.
Today we went to visit an old friend in Norwich. Sam drove, so I got to navigate an exciting route using B-roads. We went out to a lovely pub for a Sunday Roast which was almost as good as a home-cooked one, with sticky toffee pudding for dessert. The old friend in question is someone I trained to teach with, but who left teaching some time ago when she realised it wasn't for her. It was very theraputic and useful to discuss my current career doubts from someone who knew exactly where I was coming from, and my mind is becoming much clearer. I must make a decision based on Head rather than Heart.
It feels much later than half past nine so I think I may run a hot bath and get to bed. G'night!
On Friday, Sam cooked a delicious pasta sauce - very simple, just some vegetables, a tin of tomatoes, some ham and a little creme fraiche, but incredibly yummy. On Saturday we wandered into Ely and had an excellent day out - normally we just wander round Ely for an hour or so on a Sunday and go for a coffee if we have nothing else planned, but we had a proper day out. We looked in the charity shops and I treated myself to a lovely Cat trinket box from Oxfam, then we went to the Noodle Bar for lunch. In the interests of Being Brave and Trying New Things, I had a noodle soup with exciting seafood. I don't know if I would have it again, but it was very nice. We walke off our dinner by sauntering down to the river, and then had a look in the big antiques place. I've never bought things there but looking round is like visiting a museum of interesting bits and bobs from the last hundred years or more, and it's nice to imagine what sort of houses everything would belong in.
We met some friends and sat outside for a Cream Tea at the cafe by the cathedral. It wasn't quite warm enough to sit outside really, so we went for another brisk walk by the river to warm up a bit, and then had a coffee before heading to the supermarket to buy dinner. I cooked sausage and mash with onion gravy, the sausages were lovely ones with chili from Waitrose.
Today we went to visit an old friend in Norwich. Sam drove, so I got to navigate an exciting route using B-roads. We went out to a lovely pub for a Sunday Roast which was almost as good as a home-cooked one, with sticky toffee pudding for dessert. The old friend in question is someone I trained to teach with, but who left teaching some time ago when she realised it wasn't for her. It was very theraputic and useful to discuss my current career doubts from someone who knew exactly where I was coming from, and my mind is becoming much clearer. I must make a decision based on Head rather than Heart.
It feels much later than half past nine so I think I may run a hot bath and get to bed. G'night!

3 Comments:
Glad you're feeling better. Sounds liek you had some yummy food.
Good luck in the decision-making process!
Nice weekend!
Post a Comment
<< Home