The end is nigh
Don't expect quality bloggage. It's nearly the end of term (2 weeks tomorrow) and I'm knackered.
So on Saturday we went to the Greyhounds in Peterborough. It was a good night out, Sam won enough to cover his bets, our friend Chris who we went to meet finished the night in profit by quite a bit, and I finished £12 down having bet on most of the races and won not a sausage. Still, I lost it in amusing stylee, in the first race one of my dogs turned round and tried to come out backwards.
Lots of people seem to be having a crap time at the moment one way or another. I've realised that feeling guilty about being depressed is counter-productive; I know exactly *why* I'm depressed at the moment. Work has been stressful the last couple of weeks, and everyone is tired as we approach the end of term. Kids have short fuses when they're tired, as do teachers. Thankfully I'm lucky in that when I come home from work there's no-one to please but myself, so if I take myself off to bed and sleep, it doesn't matter. If I'm not online or I don't pick up the phone, I'm probably asleep! As long as I can summon up enough energy to get through another fortnight, I am rewarded with six weeks to unwind, forget about work, destress and relax. Not everyone has that light at the end of the tunnel, so I offer virtual hugs to everyone who needs them. But if I'm distant, or less-than-sympathetic, it's not because I'm a heartless bitch but because I'm using up my reserves keeping my head above water, and I'm not ready to sink just yet.
So on Saturday we went to the Greyhounds in Peterborough. It was a good night out, Sam won enough to cover his bets, our friend Chris who we went to meet finished the night in profit by quite a bit, and I finished £12 down having bet on most of the races and won not a sausage. Still, I lost it in amusing stylee, in the first race one of my dogs turned round and tried to come out backwards.
Lots of people seem to be having a crap time at the moment one way or another. I've realised that feeling guilty about being depressed is counter-productive; I know exactly *why* I'm depressed at the moment. Work has been stressful the last couple of weeks, and everyone is tired as we approach the end of term. Kids have short fuses when they're tired, as do teachers. Thankfully I'm lucky in that when I come home from work there's no-one to please but myself, so if I take myself off to bed and sleep, it doesn't matter. If I'm not online or I don't pick up the phone, I'm probably asleep! As long as I can summon up enough energy to get through another fortnight, I am rewarded with six weeks to unwind, forget about work, destress and relax. Not everyone has that light at the end of the tunnel, so I offer virtual hugs to everyone who needs them. But if I'm distant, or less-than-sympathetic, it's not because I'm a heartless bitch but because I'm using up my reserves keeping my head above water, and I'm not ready to sink just yet.

4 Comments:
Trouble is, the long-looked-forward-to holiday is over too soon. Boast about depression, and do summat about it.
Sympathisies and profers lots of {{{hugs}}}
Hugs back
*hugs and lotsof them.
Post a Comment
<< Home